In Psychotherapy, a Licensed Professional collaborates with a person who seeks treatment to improve specific areas such as relationships, mood, and/or functioning (energy, focus, academic achievement etc.). Through exploring thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in a safe context, people can heal from painful experiences and learn new ways to cope with stressors to bring about positive change.
In some ways, finding a good-fit therapist can be like finding the right pair of shoes. Therapy is a journey and you want to feel supported the entire way. Factors to consider:
1. Does the therapist's approach make sense to me?
2. Does the therapist specialize in the area I would like to work on?
3. Do I think I could open up to this person?
4. What is my "gut" telling me? When I take a deep breath, and quiet my
mind, what answer do I hear?
5. Remember, you can always change therapists. It's okay to "shop
around" for the right fit. You and your child deserve i
Please feel free to call me for an initial free 5-10 minute phone consultation.